On Bali's eastern coast is the small but important temple of Goa Lawah. The temple itself is built just in front of a cave opening in the coastal cliffs.
Goa Lawah Temple or Bat Cave Temple is one of favorite places of interest in Bali and it is located near of hilly bank so it is called reef of Middle hill. This cave is located in Pasinggahan countryside, Dawan sub district, Klungkung Regency, east part of Bali and about 1,5 hours from Denpasar Town. There is a nature cave dwelt by thousands of tail bat located at north side from Jeroan/center of Goa Lawah Temple . Meanwhile the main road from Klungkung to Amlapura is just in front of the temple. This cave is apposite to the beautiful beach with black sand along the coastal area.
Goa Lawah Temple, a shrine for Balinese Hindu
Pursuant to the papyrus of Dwi Jendra Tattwa, the Goa Lawah's name is Goa Lelawah, the name which is given by Danghyang Nirartha (a priest overspread the Hindu teaching in Bali) when he stop in this place on his Tirtha Yatra trips. He arrive at a cave which is a lot of bats hang on and its unbroken voice clamor as hymn to add the beauty of the cave. Therefore this cave is named by Goa Lawah or Bat Cave. On the above cave is growth by the flower trees with it's smelt fragrance and stimulus the peace mind of Danghyang Nirartha, so that he overnight stay for some nights in this place. From the cave we see also the beautiful coast with the blue ocean with Nusa Penida Island as a backdrop.
Goa Lawah Temple History
* According to the chronicle of Bendesa Mas, it mentions that the elaborations of Mpu Kuturan (a Hindu priest who come from Java) then he live in Bali which has been hosted in Silayukti, Padang Bai. He also builds some temple like Gua Lawah Temple
* According to the Papyrus of Dwijendra Tattwa, it narrates that after Danghyang Nirartha stay some nights at Goa Lawah, then he build a Kahyangan Temple on the ground. It means that Danghyang Nirartha extends the Palinggih or temple building existing at Gua Lawah Temple
* Bali tourist attraction is a cave located on the beach called Beach Kusamba, at the mouth of the cave there is a temple named Pura Goa Lawah (Goa Lawah Temple).
* Goa Lawah very interesting to visit because of strategic location off the coast with views of sea and island of Nusa Penida in the distance and the arrangement of beautiful beaches. On the beach sometimes tourists can witness traditional ceremonies and activities can also see bats hanging from the edge of the cave. Bali tourist attraction makes this one worth your visit with your family during the holidays to Bali
* History : In Goa Lawah consists of two syllables of the cave, which means cave and Lawah which means bat cave where Lawah tail inhabited by thousands of bats in the mouth of this Bali attractions there is a temple Khayangan Jagat status. Goa Lawah Temple is a sacred and beautiful area. There was a blend of sea and mountains (linga-yoni). As the name suggests, this temple there is a cave inhabited by thousands of bats. While at the mouth of the cave there are several palinggih Stana of the Gods. In the yard, also stood firm several Meru and other sthana. Narrated MPU Kuturan come to Bali during the tenth century the government-led Children's Youngest brother of King Airlangga. Airlangga own rule in East Java (1019-1042). When he arrived, mpu Kuturan find many sects in Bali. Seeing the fact that, mpu Kuturan then develop the concept of Tri Murti with the aim of uniting all these sects Kuturan MPU also teaches making heaven Pakraman Three in every village in Bali as well as confirmed the presence of Jagat heaven that one of them is Goa Lawah Temple.
How Does It Work
Choose Your Activity
Search or browse the site to choose the location or things that you wants to do. You can narrow your search by categories, destinations, availability date or price range.
How To Book
1. Fill The Booking Form provide and make sure you put valid email address, so we can reply after received your Tour or Activity booking request.
2. After we received your Tour or Activity booking request we will reconfirm again your booking request, to make sure all request is correct.
3. Fill with hotel name if you already have place to stay, so we will not missed the pick up, if not just leave it blank.
4. Or you can call our sales contact +629149551 (Wayan Doel) or +6281239238780 (Made Ekun).
Your reservation is abolutely secure. All personal data is encrypted and will be processed in a secure way. Balitrisna Tour takes the privacy of your personal data very seriously. Your personal information will only be used to process your booking.
1. Cancellation fee to 50% of the TOTAL payment will be charged if a confirmed booking is cancelled within one day prior to clients pick up
2. No-Show will be charge of 100% of the TOTAL payment.