Gunung Kawi Temple is one of tourist places and destination in Bali, it is popular with archaeologists, it is the real name of the temple and it is water springs.
Gunung Kawi Temple Situated at Tampak Siring village, the ancient Gunung Kawi monument was built for the first time in 11th century. There are several stairs to be climbed by every visitor before reaching the site. Across the river you will find two rows of monuments sculptured on the rocky stone wall, illustrating the younger brother of King Erlangga named Anak Wungsu. The Gunung Kawi monument is a prominent site which becomes an interesting site for students or archaeologists. Here, get pleasure from the cool and contented atmosphere with the beautiful rice terraces as the backgrounds.
Temple complex is consisted of 2 consecutions. The consecution in eastside Pekerisan River is consisted of 5 units and the consecution at west side of river is 5 units, in the north is 4 units and 1 unit is located far in south side separate from the others. On the above of the temple consecution in particular to the Eastside River, there is an article of Kediri word type sounding ‘Haji Lumahing Jalu'. Haji means a king, the Lumah means a temple or Sidha Dewata means to return to the nature of deity and Ing Jalu means in Pekerisan. The Jalu mean the Keris literal. The entire words mean that king is made in temple form at Pekerisan.
From this article is assumed that this temple is dedicated to Udayana King which is also called Marakata and Anak Wungsu. The temple which is located in the west side of river related to all king concubines. The temples are located far in the south side is attributed to prime minister because in these temple areas existing an article Rakyan which is namely perform for high functionary of empire.
How Does It Work
Choose Your Activity
Search or browse the site to choose the location or things that you wants to do. You can narrow your search by categories, destinations, availability date or price range.
How To Book
1. Fill The Booking Form provide and make sure you put valid email address, so we can reply after received your Tour or Activity booking request.
2. After we received your Tour or Activity booking request we will reconfirm again your booking request, to make sure all request is correct.
3. Fill with hotel name if you already have place to stay, so we will not missed the pick up, if not just leave it blank.
4. Or you can call our sales contact +629149551 (Wayan Doel) or +6281239238780 (Made Ekun).
Your reservation is abolutely secure. All personal data is encrypted and will be processed in a secure way. Balitrisna Tour takes the privacy of your personal data very seriously. Your personal information will only be used to process your booking.
1. Cancellation fee to 50% of the TOTAL payment will be charged if a confirmed booking is cancelled within one day prior to clients pick up
2. No-Show will be charge of 100% of the TOTAL payment.