Taman Ayun Temple is one of tourist places and destination in Bali, it is popular with The Temple and beautiful garden.
Taman Ayun Temple is a Royal Temple of Mengwi Empire. The temple of Taman Ayun is in Bali's Mengwi District. The name Taman Ayun means "Beautiful Garden". Taman Ayun Temple is nestled in Mengwi 18 kilometers northwest of Denpasar, Bali. It was probably built in 1634, according to local history this temple was built by I Gusti Agung, the king of Mengwi. Mengwi is derived from the word Arya Menguri, who was the founder of the former capital of Mengwi. Taman Ayun means a beautiful garden in the word, which is suitable for everybody who so desire. It gives comfort and a happy life to all creatures especially to human beings. Taman means pool or flower garden and Ayun means suitable for everybody. The temple and the grounds were restored in 1973. There is a calm tranquil feeling in the cool gardens with beautiful ponds.
The function of Taman Ayun Temple is a place to pray the god in their manifestation. It is according to the content of Babad Mengwi and the existence of temple building structure, especially the temple that is located in third area (Jeroan). According to Astadewata, the special God is worshiped in Taman Ayun Temple is the God in manifestation as a Wisnu God which his palace located in top of Mangu mount. In papyrus of Usana Bali mentioning that one of Dewa Catur Lokapalas carry through its worship is Meru Pucak Pangelengan that is a temple building with 9 multistoried roofs. Pitara God is a holy soul deity of ancestor who is also referred as the other names of Hyang Pitara or Dewa Hyang. Pitara God is obliged to be worshiped by clan heir (Prati Sentana) in the form of temple ceremony which the same meaning as by the ceremony to the god. The worshiping existence to Pitara God in Taman Ayun Temple can be searched and proved by pursuant to the existence of temple building which lay in by consecution in east which is called Paibon that is representing Special Temple. Taman Ayun Temple in capacities or its status as special altar for the King family of Mengwi Palace or as a Merajan Agung from Mengwi King Families specially for the founder of Mengwi Empire that is I Gusti Agung Putu.
How Does It Work
Choose Your Activity
Search or browse the site to choose the location or things that you wants to do. You can narrow your search by categories, destinations, availability date or price range.
How To Book
1. Fill The Booking Form provide and make sure you put valid email address, so we can reply after received your Tour or Activity booking request.
2. After we received your Tour or Activity booking request we will reconfirm again your booking request, to make sure all request is correct.
3. Fill with hotel name if you already have place to stay, so we will not missed the pick up, if not just leave it blank.
4. Or you can call our sales contact +629149551 (Wayan Doel) or +6281239238780 (Made Ekun).
Your reservation is abolutely secure. All personal data is encrypted and will be processed in a secure way. Balitrisna Tour takes the privacy of your personal data very seriously. Your personal information will only be used to process your booking.
1. Cancellation fee to 50% of the TOTAL payment will be charged if a confirmed booking is cancelled within one day prior to clients pick up
2. No-Show will be charge of 100% of the TOTAL payment.