The currency site provides free exchange rates information, currency tools, and good rate for exchange.
Indonesia Currency is called Rupiah (Rp). The Rupiah Notes are 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000 and Coins 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000. If you bring American Dollars (US$) to Indonesia and Bali for further transaction, please kindly noted that the following terms of US Currency/ US Dollar which not be accepted in major banks or companies as follows:
1. Series Number with CB and DB code are not accepted.
2. Year making is lowest than 2004 are not accepted.
3. Money where there is its streak / illegally written/in a state of tearing/ its picture in looked to be turn tail is not accepted
A lot of small money changer shop are available in the island and run an illegal business which might lose your money after changing. The modus of operandi this shop is putting the exchange rate are more higher than the market exchange rate which able to deceive you and building the interest to change your money there. Once you are changing the money, some shop staff will surround you and having nice talk to deceive you when the money calculation. Therefore in order to save your money we recommend you to change the money in the bank or in the hotel cashier although the exchange rates are below than the market exchange rate. In case you have been rash to change the money at the illegal shop, please be assuring:
1. Bring your own calculator
2. Account your money before presenting to them
3. Calculate the rate in your own calculator and compare with them
4. Calculate the money (Rupiah) after given by the staff accurately
5. If the money is not correct, ask to them the rest or call the nearest security or police